Information on Youth Exhibitors selling their Market Animals.
Fair Update as of May 17, 2020.
It is with great regret that we have decided to not have an in person Fair this year.
FAIR CAMPING AS OF MAY 14th, 2020.
Currently, the Montcalm County Fair Association is moving forward planning for the youth portion of the fair. You should have received an email on this if not it is explained on the Fair website https://www.montcalmcountyfairgrounds.com/. Fair camping will move forward also at this time as normal. The Camping Rules state you may request a full refund no later than June 1st. After June 1st no refunds will be given.
In the event the Stay at Home Order is NOT lifted, and we cannot have fair due to government regulation
you have two options.
1. Carry over your reservation to next year 2021.
2. Request a refund, however you will have to make a new reservation for 2021.
Please note: Campers who Carry over their Electric or Rustic reservation will be first on the list to get Electric sites.
Reminder that all of this is impacted by government regulation.
Fair Camping Committee
Montcalm County Fair Association
Registration forms due on May 1st have been pushed back to being DUE May 15th. Please mail to the fairgrounds, put in drop box at the fairgrounds, or email them to the livestock committee. DO NOT send or take them to the extension office.
Tags: you may turn in registration forms without tags at this point. However, you will be required to get tags. We are working on planning a couple of meeting dates to pick up tags at the fairgrounds. These dates will be after May 1st. Tags are required for ALL market animals. I would like to have you pick up tags as groups and not individuals. Please get a tag count and send it to me so I can get them ready. Swine tags are $2 each, all other tags are $1. I DO NOT have poultry tags nor will I, you will need to contact the small animal committee for those.
Reminder: if your pigs are already tagged with an RFID you do not need a fair tag. It is illegal to retag your animals.
At this time, the Montcalm County Fair Association is moving forward planning for the youth portion of the fair. That means:
· The schedule for shows will remain the same, along with still exhibits.
· The carnival and grandstand events have been cancelled at this time.
· The food and still exhibit auction has been cancelled for this year.
· The livestock sale will go on as planned and may include a virtual or online option.
· The 2 hours service requirement at the fairgrounds has been waived this year due to current circumstances. It is still encouraged and appreciated if you are able to serve. Please do so after May 1st or when the Stay at Home Order has been lifted.
· All May 1st registration forms are now due May 15th. Tags for livestock species, including small animals will be distributed at a later date. Those dates will be determined when the Stay at Home Order is lifted. At that time, individuals are encouraged to organize 1 person per group to pick up tags instead of each family doing so on their own. At this time, please turn in registration forms without fair issued tag numbers.
Please note, all of this could be impacted by government regulation.
All fair exhibitors will show as youth and not as 4-H members this year. MSU Extension did release a statement regarding no youth and adult face-to-face programming until September 1st. That means:
· The projects that you have completed are still 4-H projects. You have still learned, grown and gained important life skills through these experiences.
· The biggest difference is you won’t register as a 4-H club member.
· Montcalm County 4-H will be hosting a virtual option for 4-H members, too. This virtual option will be available to all 4-H’ers regardless if they choose to participate in the fair or not. This option can be an addition to or a substitution for the fair. More information will be forthcoming as it is available.
· Please know, there will be a way to showcase your project whether you want to participate in the fair or not.
· Since no face-to-face programming will be available this summer, if you choose to participate in the fair, know there is no accidental insurance or liability insurance provided by MSU Extension. This is because you would be participating or volunteering in a role SEPARATE of your 4-H role. This does not mean that current volunteers can’t go and volunteer at the fair. The fair association has its own separate policy. Think of it as volunteering with 4-H and volunteering with Girl/Boy Scouts. You would be serving in a volunteer role with another organization (Montcalm County Fair Association).
· In the meantime, 4-H has NOT stopped. There are many virtual offerings happening along with club meetings being held virtually. Please continue to complete your 4-H projects and stay involved with your clubs in a virtual way.
If you have any questions regarding the 4-H perspective, please reach out to Tarin at email@example.com. More information will be provided as it is available from both 4-H and the fair. Remember, we are still under a Stay at Home Order so things are changing daily and we have to follow those guidelines before making further decisions.
Please take the survey for fair 2020. Thank You!
We need volunteers to help make each year be the best fair. There is always ways you can help at the fairgrounds. Please let the fair office know if you will be on the grounds in case there is a scheduled event. Contact #616-754-7884
Please record your name/club, cleaning activities and hours spent to Jason Nadeau at the following email. EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
Donors and Sponsorship's
The Montcalm County 4-H Fair is successful because of the amazing support from our local community.
Becoming part of the support is easy and ensures the long term sustainability of the fair.
This year there are several sponsorship opportunities available which are found by clicking the following link.
Thank You for your support of Montcalm County's 4-H Program and Fair Association!
Interested in becoming a Fair Association Member? If so we are interested in having you. We have a variety of membership options available. Starting at $20 for a yearly membership. Lifetime memberships are $100, couples lifetime memberships are $150. Youth discounts are available. Membership includes a weekly parking pass for fair and voting rights at the annual meeting. You also must be a member to run for and serve on the fair board
June 21- 27, 2020
There's magic in the air at the county fair